My approach is not limited to any one type of therapy
I use what works best for each client and will often combine strategies and insights from various therapy traditions.
I have trained in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Chair Work (Gestalt). I use experiential therapeutic modalities such as Chair Work, Imagery Rescripting and Ego States Therapy (parts work) with most clients I see to achieve resolution of symptoms, deeper insights and increased states of personality integration. When working with parents I utilise an attachment and mentalization informed assessment and treatment framework.
I provide therapy for the following areas.
- Depression and adjustment disorders
- Anxiety Disorders (Panic, OCD, PTSD, Social Phobia, GAD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Addiction (substance as well as behavioural such as pornography)
- Adult and Adolescent ADHD
- Parenting – Behavioural difficulties, attachment disturbances
- Relationship conflict
- At-risk mental state interventions for young people at risk of psychosis
- Sleep problems